GBI RACING

Tipperary racecourse

The first recorded meeting of Tipperary Races was at Barronstown in 1848, but its present site at Limerick Junction first saw action in September 1916 and the name changed to Tipperary in May 1986. Facilities underwent a major refurbishment in the spring of 2000.

Situated off the main Tipperary-Limerick road, it is a flat, left-handed course of one mile and two furlongs with a chute for five-furlong races. The main race is the Grade Two Tipperary Hurdle.

Address: Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction, Co. Tipperary
Tel: 353 62 51357
Website: http://www.tipperaryraces.ie/
Email: info@tipperaryraces.ie
Admission: Adults €7; OAP's and Students €3.50. Children under 14 Free. Group rates available.
Road: The racecourse is situated 3 miles west of Tipperary town and 23 miles east of Limerick, off the N24.
Rail: Limerick Junction station on the main Dublin-Cork line.
Car park: Free
Flat: An oval flat left-handed course of 1m 2f with a straight 5f course. Galloping types are favoured.
Jumps: An oval flat left-handed course of 1m 2f with a run-in of 2 1/2f. There are 6 hurdles and 6 fences per circuit.